ISSA Show Wraps Up With Award Ceremonies
Achievement Award and Innovation Award winners honored
Thursday, the final day of ISSA Show North America 2021, ended on a high note. More than 10,000 people attended the in-person event in Las Vegas, which included 512 exhibitors, 100 of whom were first-time participants. View a picture slideshow of the last day below.
Recipients of several achievement awards were announced at the ISSA General Business meeting Thursday morning.
The Jack D. Ramaley Industry Distinguished Service Award, reserved for individuals with at least 10 years of outstanding service to the professional cleaning industry, was presented to Pierre Goudreault, president of Sani-Marc Group in Quebec, Canada. For more than two decades, Goudreault has led Sani-Marc Group, overseeing numerous acquisitions to make the company Canada’s leading distributor of sanitation solutions.
The Manufacturer Representatives’ Distinguished Service Award, which recognizes individuals who support manufacturer representatives, the industry, and ISSA, was awarded to Pat Cassidy, director of sales at Tolco Corp. Over the course of nearly 30 years, Cassidy has worked for three generations of the family-run business in a variety of sales roles that support manufacturer sales representatives and Tolco’s growth.
The ISSA NextGen Rising Star Award in Honor of Jimmy Core acknowledges emerging leaders who make positive contributions to their organizations and the industry. Valérie Gagné-Cyr, marketing advisor at Cascades PRO, was honored for her commitment to educating wholesalers and distributors about safe and sustainable cleaning solutions, promoting ISSA Show North America, supporting ISSA Hygieia Network events, launching an experts panel on healthy, green solutions, and more.
For more on the ISSA General Business Meeting, watch the video below.
In an afternoon award ceremony, Tork®, an Essity brand was honored with the Innovation of the Year Award for its Interactive Training for Healthcare. The free interactive training tools address critical hygiene needs of infection control, healthcare, and environmental services professionals.
The Innovation Awards program recognizes the latest advancements for the commercial, institutional, and residential cleaning industry.
“While this past year has been an especially challenging one for the cleaning industry, it has also presented opportunities to innovate and overcome obstacles,” said ISSA Board President Steve Lewis. “This year’s awards recipients are dedicated to bettering the industry and making cleaning safer, more efficient, sustainable, and consistent.”
The recipients of the five Innovation of the Year Award Honorees were:
- Flex Scrub™ from Malish Corp. is a bristled floor pad that blends the familiarity and easy installation of a traditional pad with the robust cleaning power of a brush for a deeper level of cleaning.
- Force of Nature PRO from Force of Nature is an all-in-one cleaner, deodorizer, and disinfectant with no harmful chemicals that is an EPA-registered sanitizer and disinfectant that kills 99.9% of germs.
- Simple Check™ from Core America is an app that utilizes QR codes and cleaning industry checklists to log disinfecting task completion, monitor and validate cleaning efforts, and simplify reporting and log keeping.
- The EZ CARE Floor Care System from SC Johnson Professional is a simple, fast, and economical way to maintain flooring. The patent-pending system delivers an efficient floor care system, saving time and labor costs.
- The PureDri Sanitizing Hand Dryer from Bobrick Washroom Equipment Inc. utilizes UVC technology to neutralize pathogens in the air and on surfaces, purify the air, and dry hands in restrooms.
Watch the award ceremony on the video below.
The recipients of the four Innovation Industry Choice Awards were announced on Tuesday. They included:
- Distributor Choice Award: Aunt Flow’s Model R Recessed, Free-Vend Menstrual Product Dispenser helps facilities leaders meet demand to provide free period products in restrooms.
- Facility Service Provider Choice Award: Diversey’s MoonBeam™3 is an ultraviolet-C (UVC) disinfection technology with three pivoting UVC heads, has a rugged design and is extremely portable. This technology provides the ability to easily and correctly apply UVC energy to both horizontal and vertical surfaces for on-demand disinfection in as little as three minutes.
- Manufacturer Representative Choice Award: Dial Complete® Clean + Gentle Antibacterial Hand Soap Refills from Dial Professional, Henkel Consumer Goods Inc. effectively and gently cleanse, hydrate, and care for skin as they clean.
- Residential Cleaning Choice Award: Ecolab Inc.’s Peroxide Multi Surface Cleaner and Disinfectant is an EPA-registered cleaner and disinfectant with a comprehensive claim set that can disinfect surfaces in as fast as three minutes.