Khays Services is an Atlanta-based flooring maintenance company that specializes in garage flooring, epoxy flooring, concrete polishing, facility maintenance, and janitorial services.
The store manager of a multinational organic supermarket chain contacted its owner, Jamal Khays. The flooring in their stores was lacking shine and marred with scratches.
With anywhere from three to five thousand guests walking through the stores on any given day, combined with the stores’ restocking equipment, the floors’ distinctness of image (DOI), which measures the shine and reflectiveness of the floors, had slipped into the low twenties.
To elevate DOI, Khays Services implemented Ameripolish’s daily SmartFloor™ Maintenance System, which includes the SmartFloor Daily Maintenance Pad and rejuvenating cleaner.
The pad features an innovative composite resin abrasive technology that improves the DOI by gently refining the surface while cleaning. The rejuvenating cleaner works with the autoscrubber to apply trace amounts of densifier and stain-resistant additives to redistribute sealer back into the flooring.
“The previous pads we used lasted 12 days and hurt the floor more than they helped,” Khays said. “The Ameripolish pads last on average 45 days, and the end result is much better.”
The second part of the system is Ameripolish’s Rejuvenating Cleaner. Made with sealer reinforcement, it cleans without harsh chemicals and has built-in antimicrobial protection to provide additional protection against pathogens. The cleaner helps to reinforce the sealant while lubricating the diamond pads and lifting contaminants without leaving behind sticky residues.
Khays and the organic grocery chain realized several benefits from the SmartFloor™ Maintenance System and Rejuvenating Cleaner, including:
- Improved Brand Image: Within a few weeks of switching to the SmartFloor system, the floors looked brand new, with improved slip resistance.
- High-Shine Flooring: The stores’ floors went from a DOI score in the mid-20s to the mid-90s.
- Lower Equipment Costs: Ameripolish’s pads last up to four times longer than competitive pads–Khays Services can order fewer pads and cover more square feet per pad. The systems also
saved the stores from needing to repolish floors annually, saving millions of dollars annually when implemented across multiple stores.
- Improved Indoor Air Quality (IAQ): Thanks to Ameripolish’s low-VOC cleaner, the grocer does not need to worry about low IAQ impacting guests.
- Next-Level Service: Ameripolish prides itself on being available to its clients, working closely with Khays Services to ensure its products are at peak performance.