Advertisement

Three Killed by Poisonous Gas While Saving Housekeeper

Three workers died after inhaling poisonous gas while they were trying to pull a member of housekeeping staff out of a hazardous waste tank inside an auto parts manufacturer in Delhi, India.

The tank contained a waste mixture of paint and thinner and is usually opened to allow the gases to disperse days before it is cleaned, The Hindu reported. However, this time the tank was opened immediately before the cleaning, and staff did not have safety equipment, such as masks. The three workers managed to remove the housekeeping staff member from the tank, but became trapped themselves and had to be removed by emergency workers.

           
Posted On October 2, 2017
Topics
 

Also in Business and Management

Concerns Surround the Latest Version of LEED-EB
June 5, 2024 Stephen P. Ashkin

Concerns Surround the Latest Version of LEED-EB

May 30, 2024 Jeff Cross

How to Craft a Winning Benefits Package to Attract Top Talent

May 30, 2024 Jeff Cross

Automate to Elevate: Four Business Strategies to Boost Productivity

May 28, 2024 Jonathan Alonso

Boost Your Brand Through Social Media

Sponsored in Business and Management

TRUCE software
November 3, 2023 Sponsored by TRUCE Software

Safety: The Dirty Secret of the Cleaning & Maintenance Industries

August 29, 2023 Sponsored by Sofidel America

Sustainability—Every Step of the Way

September 29, 2017 Sponsored by ProTeam

GoFree Flex Pro Cordless Backpack Cleans Historic Theatre Pro Team

August 1, 2017 Sponsored by ProTeam

GoFree Flex Pro Cordless Backpack Boosts Productivity at Miller County Hospital

Recent News

ISSA Hosts Successful 2024 Business Growth Strategies Conference

ISSA Hosts Successful 2024 Business Growth Strategies Conference

Rare Drug-Resistant Flu Variant Detected in U.S.

Registration Opens For ISSA Show North America 2024

Antibacterial R&D Pipeline Growing

Three Killed by Poisonous Gas While Saving Housekeeper
Share Article
Subscribe to CMM