Cintas Shares Five Ways to Celebrate National Custodial Workers Recognition Day
Monday, October 2, is National Custodial Workers Recognition Day—a time set aside to show appreciation for the custodial workers who keep facilities throughout the United States clean and safe.
“Custodial workers are some of the most dedicated workers and are rarely celebrated for the demanding work they perform daily,” said John Rudy, senior director of marketing at cleaning products and equipment provider Cintas Corp. “They are vital to keeping facilities functional, healthy, and safe for occupants and deserve to be honored for all they do.”
To show your gratitude to your custodial team on that day, Cintas offers the following ideas:
- Write a thank you card to express admiration for their hard work.
- Provide a free in-house lunch for your custodial staff or offer to take them to a restaurant.
- Give your custodial team the day off to relax. Their absence might also reveal to other facility staff just how much support your custodial workers provide daily.
- Extend monetary gifts, such as gift cards or bonuses.
- Consider outsourcing some of your facility’s cleaning tasks, such as deep cleaning restrooms, to take tedious or more unpleasant tasks off your custodians’ to-do list for the day.
“We often don’t see the behind-the-scenes work that custodians provide,” added Rudy. “No matter how your facility decides to celebrate, the most important part is that your custodians know how valuable they are to your team.”